Spacefem's Weekly Wikipedia Pregnancy Blog: 40 weeks pregnant

No, I'm afraid I did not make it to 40 weeks pregnant. I was planning too! All my friends were going to go out with me for a "due date" party, we were going to eat spicy cajun food. My due date was on a Friday, it'd be a total party! But the Tuesday before my due date, around 7 pm, I started feeling a little achy. By 10pm I was having real contractions. At 2 am we went to the hospital and at 6:30 am my baby girl was born. The long version of that story is here. If you are still pregnant, keep your chin up, remember that you're at the top of the curve! The next few days could be very interesting for you.

And incidently, if a guest blogger wants to come in and write me an entry about actually accomplishing 40 weeks, I'll welcome it!

I couldn't help but throw a few bad movies onto the list... this week's is It's Alive, a campy horror about a doting mother who delivers a completely evil newborn. In a way I suppose it's a cautionary tale... if your week old baby is killing and eating animals in the yard, you should be concerned.

Since I had a June baby, I couldn't help but have a special place for "The Omen" as well. It's not really about pregnancy so it couldn't make the list, but if you're due for a June baby it's got some simple lessons for you. Like, if your baby is born on 6/6 at 6 am, don't name him Damien. Sounds obvious but apparently not everyone's aware.


This week's articles

MonthWeekDayArticle
940W,0D280Pregnancy school
940W,1D281Patricia Rashbrook
940W,2D282Dunstan Baby Language
940W,3D283Baby monitor
940W,4D284Infant bed
940W,5D285Ruth Lubic
940W,6D286Infant car seat





Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post